vrijdag 8 april 2016

Nederlands Ruigste

Nederlands Ruigste (Dutch toughest) is a television programme in which they look for the strongest Dutch man and woman. In the quest to find this, two events are being organised: one trial event and one final event. The trial event took place last weekend in Flevonice. All participants from 10 categories had to run through an obstacle parcour of 7km. The best five men and women of each category made it to the final event, which will take place April the 16th in the Olympic Stadium (Amsterdam).

(Rock) Climbers was one of the categories and I signed up for participating for this event. After all: it was a cheap opportunity for doing an obstacle run and I was curious about the programme. Unfortunately not many other climbers showed up, so we were at the start with only 6 woman and about 12 men. I had no clue about my condition, my physical abilities, the parcour, nothing. I decided to just enjoy and see what will happen.

The race started with 2.5 km running while carrying a sandbag. The first two km where easy, I had a nice cadense and was in a good running flow. The weather was just perfect: cloudy, not too warm, not too cold, no rain and no strong wind. The last half a kilometer the sandbag was annoying me and I was happy when I got rid of it. Then the obstacle parcour started: running/walking/swimming (a combination of this) through ditches, Climbing and jumping over walls, traversing monkey bars, crawling through mud. It was diverse and continuing the flow I came in during running I didn't found much trouble overcoming the obstacles. Then you had to swim in the water. The water in the lake was 6 degrees and several people already had to stop the race due to undercooling. Feeling still quite fresh I thought it wouldn't be that bad. I dived into to water and indeed, the water was not that cold. Probably the others were just pussy's. I swam and swam and slowed down more and more. Damn, this water is cold! Damn, the shore opposite doesn't seems to get closer... Damn, I am not a wimp, am I? I continued swimming and after for what felt like ages I reached the shore opposite. Yeah! The running continued, first with stiff legs, later easier again. Some more obstacles and the finish was almost there. Then: there was a halfpipe. Already muddy and slippery from the categories before us. You had to run, grap the edge and pull yourself on it. Nooo! Being small, tired and having slippery mud everywhere I already doomed this last obstacle when seeing it. I tried and failed, didn't even come close. Tried again and failed again, not getting closer. Tried another time, almost reached it now! This gave hope and the forth time I managed! Yes! Continued to the finish and made it to the finals!

The finals are Saturday the 16th of April in the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam. I have 4 tickets to give away so if you want to be there and support me, please let me know!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten